- We have a site with variations. English/Spanish
- Main Site > en > English Blog(Add 1 or 2 sample blogs)
- Main Site > es > Spanish Blog(Add 1 or 2 sample blogs)
- On the "Main Site" we added a "Content Query Web Part". Apply the below given setting.
- Click on the link of any English blog. IT WORKS FINE!!!
- Now click on the Spanish blog link. IT SAYS "PAGE NOT FOUND"!!!
- Another way to get this is.
- Go to the URL of Spanish blog site.
- You can find the blogs on the page.
- Click on the blog link IT SAYS "PAGE NOT FOUND"!!!.
- Or navigate to "Administrar entradas de blog"(AllPosts.aspx). This page will show all the blogs in the list. Click on the blog link IT SAYS "PAGE NOT FOUND"!!!
CauseWe added a column to the list "Post". Now this small thing was causing the whole havoc.
SolutionThere are 3 ways to
- Either don't add any column to list "Post". => BAD ONE
- Copy SharePoint Designer > Lists > Estrada De Blog and paste it there with name "Post". Don't delete the folder. Just need to duplicate and rename the folder.
- Read the blog => Sharepoint 2010 - Solution to blog URL issue with site using Variations(Multilingual site) to see the feature stapler solution for this issue.
Hope this helps. If you have any questions or a better solution, I am all open for it. Thanks for reading the blog.